How to Check Your First Bank Account Number via SMS
First Bank, one of the leading banks in Nigeria, understands the importance of convenience and accessibility for its customers. That’s why they have introduced a simple and efficient method for customers to check their account numbers through SMS. No more waiting in long queues or browsing through online platforms. By following a few easy steps, you can retrieve your account number right from your mobile phone.
Table of Contents
- Why Checking Your First Bank Account Number via SMS is Convenient
- Step-by-Step Guide: How to Check Your First Bank Account Number via SMS
- Step 1: Open the messaging app on your mobile phone
- Step 2: Compose a new message
- Step 3: Type the SMS command to request your account number
- Step 4: Send the message
- Step 5: Receive your account number via SMS
- Additional Tips for Using the SMS Service
Why Checking Your First Bank Account Number via SMS is Convenient
Checking your First Bank account number via SMS offers several advantages. Firstly, it saves you time and effort. Instead of visiting a bank branch or going through the online banking process, you can obtain your account number within seconds. Secondly, it provides flexibility. You can access your account number anytime, anywhere, as long as you have a mobile phone with SMS capabilities. Lastly, it ensures privacy and security. The account number is sent directly to your mobile phone, keeping your personal information confidential.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Check Your First Bank Account Number via SMS
Step 1: Open the messaging app on your mobile phone
Unlock your mobile phone and navigate to the messaging app. It could be the default messaging app provided by your device or any other messaging app you prefer.
- Dial the code *894# on your First Bank registered phone. Mtn, Glo, Airtel, or 9 Mobile.
- Select Quick Banking.
- Select Enquiry services.
- Then, select Account Number Enquiry.
- Enter your 5-digit PIN.
- Receive your account balance number via SMS on your phone.
Step 2: Compose a new message
Tap on the “Compose” or “New Message” button to start a new message.
Step 3: Type the SMS command to request your account number
In the recipient field, enter the SMS code provided by First Bank to request your account number. The code may vary, so ensure you have the correct code for your specific First Bank account.
Check BVN Code for First Bank Also
Step 4: Send the message
Once you have entered the SMS code, send the message to the designated number provided by First Bank. Double-check the number to avoid any errors.
Step 5: Receive your account number via SMS
Within a few moments, you will receive an SMS containing your First Bank account number. Make sure to save this message or note down the account number for future reference.
Additional Tips for Using the SMS Service
- Ensure that your mobile phone has sufficient balance or credit to send an SMS.
- Double-check the SMS command and the recipient number before sending the message.
- If you encounter any issues or have further inquiries, contact First Bank’s customer support for assistance.
In conclusion, checking your account number at First Bank via SMS is a quick, convenient, and secure method. By following the simple steps outlined above, you can obtain your account number without any hassle. The SMS service provided by First Bank allows you to access your account number anytime and anywhere, providing you with flexibility and peace of mind.
No longer do you need to visit a bank branch or go through the process of logging into your online banking account? With just a few taps on your mobile phone, you can have your First Bank account number readily available.
By embracing this technology-driven solution, First Bank demonstrates its commitment to enhancing customer experience and making banking more convenient for its customers. Whether you’re a new customer who needs your account number for the first time or an existing customer who wants a quick reminder, the SMS service has got you covered.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can I use the SMS service to check my First Bank account number if I am abroad?
- Yes, you can use the SMS service to check your account number from anywhere in the world, as long as you have access to an SMS-capable mobile phone.
- Are there any charges for using the SMS service to check my account number?
- The charges for sending an SMS may vary depending on your mobile service provider. It is advisable to check with your provider for specific details.
- Is the SMS service secure?
- First Bank takes the security and privacy of its customers’ information seriously. The SMS service is designed to ensure the confidentiality of your account number. However, it is important to keep your mobile phone secure and not share your account number with anyone.
- What should I do if I don’t receive an SMS with my account number?
- In case you do not receive an SMS with your account number, make sure you have followed the steps correctly. If the issue persists, contact First Bank’s customer support for assistance.
- Can I use the SMS service to check other account details, such as my balance or transaction history?
- Currently, the SMS service is specifically designed for retrieving your First Bank account number. For other account-related inquiries, it is recommended to use the bank’s online banking platform or visit a branch.